Re: WJ Parking . Charge ticket scam

Posted By:
Date:

A rather belated update regarding the car park opposite the railway station!

After having written several letters to WJ Parking and failed to get a satisfactory response (specifically details/proof of how the car was incorrectly parked) we have now written to Oxfordshire Trading Standards. Hopefully others have/will do the same and they'll take action.

Our main points are these :

1. The greater part of the car park has no marked bays so at any time the majority of cars are parked outside of them, yet parking tickets are being issued for parking in such a way
2. There is usually a parking attendant on site and he watched me park on the second occasion I was issued (moments after leaving my car) with a ticket. Why did he not inform me I was incorrectly parked?
3. As a privately operated site, the ticket issued levies a charge, not a fine, and as such the charge should be proportionate. How can a £40 (rising to £80) charge be fair on an all-day ticket costing £5?
4. It is unfair to refuse to enter into any correspondence until the charge is paid as this company does. Once the charge is paid, there is no incentive for the company to investigate the matter further and one is left with no redress.

Messages In This Thread