> and incure a county court judgment etc. I discovered the email adress for
> the 'Appeals Manager' and emailed him until he acknowledged my letter. He
> did this but stated that the case still stood and the payment due was now
> £100.00.
> I am not sure how he arrived at this figure or how he can increase it
> when I was attenpting to appeal.I have until the 15th to pay and am
> obviosly concerened as to what to do next.SW
>

if you think you have a case, Don't pay it! they will keep threatening you with terms like ccj's crdit black list etc but the last thing they will do is want to take this to court, the highest they can go at this junction is the small claims court which will cost them money to begin proceedings. write them a polite letter re-itterating the reasons and offer an ammount of money that you think is fair, £15-£30, i would imagine that they will immedialey refuse this as there companies like this are extremely greedy. but in doing this if this goes to court it will lokk upon your favouribly that you made a token gesture which the company flatley refused not to add the extreme angst and.
worry they have caused you.

the same thing happened to me with a company called "securi T" who took photo's of my "illegally!" parked car which as it turned out wasn't parked illegally after all as the signs warning me were positioned to high.

anyway a public car park must adhere to certain health and safety laws like everything else and this means keeping it well maintained, if its prone to flooding i think you got a strong case.

good luck big tone.

Messages In This Thread